View : 2 Download: 0
Rigid-rod Langmuir-Blodgett films from [n]staffane-3-carboxylates
- Rigid-rod Langmuir-Blodgett films from [n]staffane-3-carboxylates
- Yang H.C.; Magnera T.F.; Lee C.; Bard A.J.; Michl J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- vol. 8, no. 11, pp. 2740 - 2746
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- The rigid-rod surfactants [n] staffane-3-carboxylates (1[n]) readily form Langmuir-Blodgett films when n = 4 and, with some effort, also when n = 3. The area per molecule, extrapolated to zero pressure, is nearly independent of the counterion (26.0 Å2/molecule). Bilayer thickness in a multilayer assembly is 25.8 ± 0.1 Å for Ca2+ 1, 32.2 ± 0.1 Å for Ca2+ 1, and 31.4 ± 0.1 Å for Cd2+ as determined by low-angle X-ray reflection. Ellipsometry yields the values 27.2 ± 1.0, 33.2 ± 1.0, and 32.6 ± 1.0 Å, respectively. The average tilt angle deduced from the difference between 1 and 1 is 17 ± 5°. Independent IR measurements at normal incidence on Ge and grazing angle incidence on Au substrate yield the values 28 ± 2° and 19 ± 2°, respectively. Only IR measurements were possible for a monolayer. They yielded the value 27 ± 2° at normal incidence on Ge and a distinctly different result at grazing incidence on Au, 0-10°. The larger average tilt values on the Ge surface are attributed to surface roughness. © 1992 American Chemical Society.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.