View : 103 Download: 0
Factors influencing S-O bond and C-O bond cleavages in the reactions of 2,4-dinitrophenyl X-substituted benzenesulfonates with various nucleophilic reagents
- Factors influencing S-O bond and C-O bond cleavages in the reactions of 2,4-dinitrophenyl X-substituted benzenesulfonates with various nucleophilic reagents
- Um I.-H.; Kim J.-J.; Kim M.-J.; Kwon D.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- 권동숙; 엄익환
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 권동숙; 엄익환
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 353 - 357
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Second-order rate constants have been measured spectrophotometrically for the reaction of 2,4-dinitrophenyl X-substituted benzenesulfonates with Z-substituted phenoxides in absolute ethanol at 25.0± 0.1 °C. The nucleophilic substitution reaction gives both S-O bond and C-O bond cleavage products. The extent of S-O bond cleavage increases significantly with increasing electron withdrawing ability of the sulfonyl substitutent X, while that of the C-O bond cleavage is independent on the electronic effect of the substituent. On the contratry, the effect of the substituent Z in the nucleophilic phenoxide is more significant for the C-O bond cleavage than for the S-O bond cleavage. Aminolyses of 2,4-dinitrophenyl benzenesulfonate (1) with various 1°, 2° and 3° amines have revealed that steric effect is little important. The extent of S-O bond cleavage increases with increasing the basicity of the amines, but decreases with increasing the basicity of the nucleophilic aryloxides, indicating that the HSAB principle is not always operative. Besides, reactant and solvent polarizability effect has also been found to be an important factor in some cases but not always to influence the reaction site.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.