View : 121 Download: 0
Recovery of poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) from the coagulated cells of Alcaligenes eutrophus
- Recovery of poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) from the coagulated cells of Alcaligenes eutrophus
- Cho K.-S.; Hong E.-W.; Ryu H.W.; Chang Y.K.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Korean Journal of Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 206 - 212
- Document Type
- The effects of the pretreatment with coagulants on the recovery efficiency of poly (3-hydroxybutyrate, PHB) synthesized in Alcaligenes eutrophus were investigated. Al-base or Fe-base coagulants, and the dispersion method of 30% hypochlorite solution and chloroform were used as coagulants and PHB recovery method, respectively. The recovery efficiency of PHB from the cells harvested with Al-base coagulants at the range from 0 to 1000 mg-Al/L was similar to that from cells harvested without the coagulants. At these conditions, the concentrations of residual aluminium in the purified PHB were below 250 mg-Al/kg-PHB, indicating the effect of residual aluminum on the characteristics of the purified PHB can be insignificant. When the dosage of coagulants was over 1000 mg-Al/L, the PHB recovery remarkably decreased with increasing the coagulant dosage. However, the PHB recovery could be enhanced by the use of 50% hypochlorite solution instead of 30% hypochlorite solution. Even though the reduction of PHB recovery efficiency was not found by using Fe-base coagulants, the purified PHB was stained pale red due to residual iron, These results suggest that the use of Al-base coagulants did not exert bad influence on neither PHB recovery efficiency and PHB purity.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 환경공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.