View : 53 Download: 0
Intensity-Based Image Registration Using Robust Correlation Coefficients
- Intensity-Based Image Registration Using Robust Correlation Coefficients
- Kim J.; Fessler J.A.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging
- IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging vol. 23, no. 11, pp. 1430 - 1444
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- The ordinary sample correlation coefficient is a popular similarity measure for aligning images from the same or similar modalities. However, this measure can be sensitive to the presence of "outlier" objects that appear in one image but not the other, such as surgical instruments, the patient table, etc., which can lead to biased registrations. This paper describes an intensity-based image registration technique that uses a robust correlation coefficient as a similarity measure. Relative to the ordinary sample correlation coefficient, the proposed similarity measure reduces the influence of outliers. We also compared the performance of the proposed method with the mutual information-based method. The robust correlation-based method should be useful for image registration in radiotherapy (KeV to MeV X-ray images) and image-guided surgery applications. We have investigated the properties of the proposed method by theoretical analysis, computer simulations, a phantom experiment, and with functional magnetic resonance imaging data.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.