View : 45 Download: 0
Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of 1,3-diarylisoquinolines as novel topoisomerase I catalytic inhibitors
- Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of 1,3-diarylisoquinolines as novel topoisomerase I catalytic inhibitors
- Park, Seojeong; Jin, Yifeng; Han, Jinhe; Kwon, Youngjoo; Cho, Won-Jea; Khadka, Daulat Bikram
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY
- 0223-5234; 1768-3254
- vol. 143, pp. 200 - 215
- Antitubulin activity; Topoisomerase catalytic inhibitor; 1,3-Diarylisoquinoline; Suzuki coupling; Topoisomerase
- ELSEVIER FRANCE-EDITIONS SCIENTIFIQUES MEDICALES ELSEVIER
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- With a goal of identifying potent topoisomerase (topo) inhibitor, the C4-aromatic ring of the anticancer agent, 3,4-diarylisoquinolone, was strategically shifted to design 1,3-diarylisoquinoline. Twenty-two target compounds were synthesized in three simple and efficient steps. The 1,3-diarylisoquinolines exhibited potent anti-proliferative effects on cancer cells but few compounds spared non-cancerous cells. Inhibition of topo I/II alpha-mediated DNA relaxation by several derivatives was greater than that by camptothecin (CPT)/etoposide even at low concentration (20 mu M). In addition, these compounds had little or no effect on polymerization of tubulin. A series of biological evaluations performed with the most potent derivative 4cc revealed that the compound is a non-intercalative topo I catalytic inhibitor interacting with free topo I. Collectively, the potent cytotoxic effect on cancer cells including the drug resistance ones, absence of lethal effect on normal cells, and different mechanism of action than topo I poisons suggest that the 1,3-diarylisoquinolines might be a promising class of anticancer agents worthy of further pursuit. (C) 2017 Elsevier Masson SAS. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.