View : 21 Download: 0
A collaborative group study of Korean mid-career elementary teachers for professional development in music
- A collaborative group study of Korean mid-career elementary teachers for professional development in music
- Shin, Jihae; Seog, Moonjoo
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MUSIC EDUCATION
- 0255-7614; 1744-795X
- vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 85 - 95
- elementary teacher; mid-career music teacher; professional development; teacher collaboration; career stage
- SAGE PUBLICATIONS LTD
- SSCI; AHCI; SCOPUS
- Professional development for in-service teachers is necessary to meet the changing needs of students and society. This teacher collaboration study examined the experiences of mid-career elementary teachers in Korea in their music professional development. Research questions included: (1) What were the contents of discussion? (2) What was the level of participation among elementary teachers in a collaborative group? (3) How did the focus of the group change over time? The data collection included nonparticipant observation, participants' reflective journals, researchers' logs, and artifact collection. Findings showed that participants mainly discussed teaching strategies about music classes and reflected new knowledge that were closely related to confidence in teaching. In addition, teachers in this collaborative group played different roles throughout the group meetings depending on their expertise and interests, but there was also a need for a facilitator. Finally, teachers in the group gradually identified the importance of teacher collaboration for their professional development and attempted to be peer mentors for others outside the collaborative group.
- Appears in Collections:
- 교육대학원 > 교육학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.