View : 85 Download: 0
Design, synthesis, and structure-activity relationships of new benzofuro [3,2-b]pyridin-7-ols as DNA topoisomerase II inhibitors
- Design, synthesis, and structure-activity relationships of new benzofuro [3,2-b]pyridin-7-ols as DNA topoisomerase II inhibitors
- Shrestha, Aarajana; Jo, Hyunji; Kwon, Youngjoo; Lee, Eung-Seok
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BIOORGANIC & MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY LETTERS
- BIOORGANIC & MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY LETTERS vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 566 - 571
- Fused heterocycles; Benzofuro[3,2-b]pyridin-7-ol; Hydroxyl-substituent; Topoisomerase inhibition; Antiproliferative activity; Structure-activity relationship
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Human DNA topoisomerases have become attractive targets for developing more effective anticancer drugs. In this study, a series of new benzofuro[3,2-b] pyridin-7-ols were designed and synthesized for the first time and screened for their topoisomerase I and II inhibitory and antiproliferative activity. Structure-activity relationships revealed the position of ortho-and para-hydroxyl group at 2-phenyl ring, and meta-hydroxyl group at 4-phenyl ring of benzofuro[3,2-b] pyridin-7-ol are important for potent and selective topo II inhibitory activity. Compound 11 showed the most selective and potent topo II inhibition (100% inhibition at 100 mM) and strongest antiproliferative activity (IC50 = 0.86 mu M) than all the positive controls in HeLa cell line. (C) 2018 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.