View : 44 Download: 0
Superior Oxygen Electrocatalysis on RuSex Nanoparticles for Rechargeable Air Cathodes
- Superior Oxygen Electrocatalysis on RuSex Nanoparticles for Rechargeable Air Cathodes
- Jang, Ji-Hoon; Lee, Eunjik; Xiao, Penghao; Park, Kyusung; Kim, In Young; Henkelman, Graeme; Hwang, Seong-Ju; Kwon, Young-Uk; Goodenough, John. B.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ADVANCED ENERGY MATERIALS
- ADVANCED ENERGY MATERIALS vol. 8, no. 8
- electrocatalysts; Li-O-2 batteries; oxygen evolution reaction; oxygen reduction reaction; ruthenium selenide
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- A one-step, facile supercritical-ethanol-fluid synthesis of Se-modified Ru nanoparticles nucleated on carbon defects is reported, and it is demonstrated that these nanoparticles provide, with >70% efficiency at 1 A g(-1), a highly active and reversible oxygen-reduction/oxygen-evolution reaction on an air cathode in a nonaqueous electrolyte. The Se modification not only prevents Ru oxidation during charge/discharge cycling, but also improves the catalytic activity by promoting Li2O2 versus Li2O deposited on the Ru particles during discharge. A computational calculation with density functional theory supports the role of a larger electron transfer to the oxygen of Li2O2 adsorbed on a surface layer of RuSe2- than on a surface layer of RuO2, thereby shifting the more stable adsorbent from Li2O to Li2O2.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.