View : 96 Download: 0
Aptamer-incorporated DNA Holliday junction for the targeted delivery of siRNA
- Aptamer-incorporated DNA Holliday junction for the targeted delivery of siRNA
- Jeong, Eun Hye; Jeong, Hansaem; Jang, Bora; Kim, Boyoung; Kim, Minjeong; Kwon, Hyokyoung; Lee, Kyuri; Lee, Hyukjin
- Ewha Authors
- 이혁진; 이규리
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF INDUSTRIAL AND ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY
- 1876-794X; 1226-086X
- vol. 56, pp. 55 - 61
- Aptamer; siRNA; Nucleic acid nanostructures; Carrier-free delivery system
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE INC
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- There have been unmet needs of developing carrier-free siRNA delivery systems to overcome the undesirable cellular toxicity and immunogenicity of conventional delivery systems such as cationic lipids and polymers. Various nucleic acid nanostructures have been proposed to achieve this goal, however many of them required potent ligands for the intracellular delivery of siRNA. Among various ligands, aptamers received much interest due to their facile preparation process as well as a high binding affinity toward target receptors. In addition, nucleic acid based aptamers can be easily incorporated with various nucleic acid nanostructures through a simple base-pair hybridization. In this study, aptamer incorporated siRNA (Apt-siRNA) was self-assembled with DNA Holliday junction for enhancing targeted delivery of siRNA to the Mucin 1 (MUC1) overexpressing cancer cells. Molecularly self-assembled Holliday DNA junction with Apt-siRNA was analyzed to confirm their cellular uptake and gene silencing as compared to the Apt-siRNA alone in the GFP expressing KB cells. The multivalent Apt-siRNA DNA nanostructure (Holliday-Apt-siRNA) clearly showed their superior potency over the Apt-siRNA alone suggesting their use in carrier-free siRNA delivery systems. (C) 2017 The Korean Society of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry. Published by Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.