View : 44 Download: 0
The therapeutic effects of Yongdamsagan-tang on autoimmune hepatitis models
- The therapeutic effects of Yongdamsagan-tang on autoimmune hepatitis models
- Park, Jiyoung; Kim, Hayeon; Lee, In-Seung; Kim, Kang-Hoon; Kim, Yumi; Na, Yun-Cheol; Lee, Jang-Hoon; Jang, Hyeung-Jin
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BIOMEDICINE & PHARMACOTHERAPY
- 0753-3322; 1950-6007
- vol. 94, pp. 244 - 255
- Yongdamsagan-tang; Autoimmune hepatitis; AIH; Anti-inflammation; Anti-fibrosis; Anti-steatosis; Recombinant IL-17A; Autoimmune hepatitis cell model; Concanavalin A
- ELSEVIER FRANCE-EDITIONS SCIENTIFIQUES MEDICALES ELSEVIER
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Autoimmune hepatitis (AIH) is an immunity disorder that is the result of antibodies in the liver tissue of the patient that are attacked by activated immune cells due to an unknown cause. In this study, we aimed to investigate the anti-inflammatory effect of Yongdamsagan-tang (YST) extracts and confirm effects on autoimmune hepatitis models as the therapeutic agent using the YST extracted by various solvents. YST, a mixture of 11 herbal extracts, is known in traditional Korean medicine as a widely used treatment for inflammatory diseases. We proposed the AIH-condition in vitro model by the addition of recombinant IL-17A and then observed several markers linked to AIH symptoms, including an increase of IL-6 expression, lipid accumulation, and fibrosis. In AIH-condition hepatic cell model, YST reduced IL-6 expression and lipid accumulation caused by treatment of IL-17 combination in hepatocyte cells. Also, YST blocked several activated fibrosis factors including transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta 1), collagen type 1 (Col-alpha 1(I)), and alpha-smooth muscle actin (alpha-SMA) in liver stellate cells. Furthermore, pretreatment with YST protected hepatic damage and reduces histological injury by suppressing apoptosis mediator and inflammatory cytokines expression in concanavalin A (Con A)-induced autoimmune hepatitis mice model. The findings here improve our understanding of YST extracted by 80% ethanol, suggesting that YST can be used as a therapeutic treatment for AIH. (C) 2017 Elsevier Masson SAS. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.