View : 15 Download: 0
Constructions of Formally Self-Dual Codes Over Z(4) and Their Weight Enumerators
- Constructions of Formally Self-Dual Codes Over Z(4) and Their Weight Enumerators
- Yoo, Jinjoo; Lee, Yoonjin; Kim, Boreum
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION THEORY
- 0018-9448; 1557-9654
- vol. 63, no. 12, pp. 7667 - 7675
- Formally self-dual code; code over Z(4); Lee weight enumerator; Gray map; non-linear extremal binary formally self-dual code
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- We present three explicit methods for construction of formally self-dual codes over Z(4). We characterize relations between Lee weight enumerators of formally self-dual codes of length n over Z(4) and those of length n + 2; the first two construction methods are based on these relations. The last construction produces free formally self-dual codes over Z(4). Using these three constructions, we can find free formally self-dual codes over Z(4), as well as non-free formally self-dual codes over Z(4) of all even lengths. We find free or non-free formally self-dual codes over Z(4) of lengths up to ten using our constructions. In fact, we obtain 46 inequivalent formally self-dual codes whose minimum Lee weights are larger than self-dual codes of the same length. Furthermore, we find 19 non-linear extremal binary formally self-dual codes of lengths 12, 16, and 20, up to equivalence, from formally self-dual codes over Z(4) by using the Gray map.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 수학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.