View : 316 Download: 0
Effect of child development knowledge, rearing knowledge and use of health care service on maternal confidence among mothers with premature infants
- Effect of child development knowledge, rearing knowledge and use of health care service on maternal confidence among mothers with premature infants
- Kim S.Y.; Kang S.J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Child Health Nursing Research
- Child Health Nursing Research vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 407 - 415
- Child development; Knowledge; Mothers; Premature birth
- Korean Academy of Child Health Nursing
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Purpose: The purpose of this study was to examine how child development knowledge, child rearing knowledge, and use of healthcare services after discharge affect maternal confidence among mothers of premature infants. Methods: Participants in this study were 55 mothers who were involved in internet communities for mothers with premature infants and 30 mothers who visited hospitals for follow up care after having their babies discharged from Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICU) in South Korea. Results: Presence of operation history, child development and rearing knowledge, and use of healthcare service explained 12.2% of maternal confidence. Presence of operation history (β=.32, p <.05) and child development knowledge (β=.52, p <.05) were significant predictors for maternal confidence. Conclusion: The results of this study suggest that mothers with premature infants need further education especially on motor development, developmental knowledge, and knowledge related to operations for mothers whose child had surgery in the NICU. Also information about services provided from community health services for premature infants need to be advertised and distributed. © 2017 Korean Academy of Child Health Nursing.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.