View : 202 Download: 0
The effect of a dementia preventive intervention based on motivational interviewing among the elderly over 75 years of age in nursing homes
- The effect of a dementia preventive intervention based on motivational interviewing among the elderly over 75 years of age in nursing homes
- Jo H.M.; Kim S.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing
- vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 260 - 270
- Dementia; Elderly; Motivational interviewing; Nursing home
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Purpose: The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of the motivational interviewing (MI) dementia preventive intervention on dementia preventive behaviors, depression and cognitive function among elderly over 75 years of age in nursing homes. Methods: A nonequivalent control group pretest-posttest design was used. A total of 57 participants were divided into three groups; 18 in the MI dementia preventive intervention (Group A), 20 in the dementia preventive program (Group B) and 19 in the control group. Dementia preventive behaviors, depression, and cognitive function were assessed at pre, post, and 1 month after the intervention. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA and repeated measure ANOVA. Results: The results reported that there were significant differences in dementia preventive behaviors and depression among Group A, B, and C. Also, there were significant differences in dementia preventive behaviors and cognitive function during time periods. There was a significant interaction between groups and times in relation to depression. Results suggested that the effects of MI dementia preventive program was persistent after 1 month following the intervention. Conclusion: Further research needs to develop dementia preventive programs considering physical and mental traits of the elderly in late years staying at nursing homes. © 2017 Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.