View : 6 Download: 0
Synthesis and biological effect of chrom-4-one derivatives as functional inhibitors of heat shock protein 27
- Synthesis and biological effect of chrom-4-one derivatives as functional inhibitors of heat shock protein 27
- Hwang, Soo-Yeon; Kwak, Soo Yeon; Kwon, Youngjoo; Lee, Yun-Sil; Na, Younghwa
- Ewha Authors
- 권영주; 이윤실
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 권영주; 이윤실
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY
- 0223-5234; 1768-3254
- vol. 139, pp. 892 - 900
- HSP-27 dimerization; Chromone analogue; Anti-cancer activity
- ELSEVIER FRANCE-EDITIONS SCIENTIFIQUES MEDICALES ELSEVIER
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Heat Shock Protein 27 (HSP27) is a member of small heat shock proteins with a highly-conserved alpha-crystalline domain. It inhibits aggregation of damaged proteins through a complex structural systems of phosphorylation-dependent oligomerization and self-assembly. It has been demonstrated that HSP27 is involved in a variety of pathophysiological pathways with negative or positive protective activities. In this study, we synthesized six chromone analogs possessing thiiran-2-ylmethoxy or oxyran-2-ylmethoxy substituents and evaluated their biological activities against HSP27 protein. Compounds YK598-2, J4 and J2 induced significant abnormal HSP27 dimer formation in NCI-H460, a human lung cancer cell line. In synergistic anticancer activity test, the compounds effectively producing abnormal HSP27 cross-linking remarkably enhanced the antiproliferative activity of 17-AAG, a HSP90 inhibitor. Target specificity test using the HSP27-silenced cells (shHSP27) showed that compounds YK598-2, J4, and J2 significantly lost their cross-linking activity only under conditions when HSP27 was deprived of. In the evaluation of cancer cell sensitization with cisplatin, cisplatin-induced lung cancer cell growth inhibition was sensitized with statistical significance by J4 and J2 as compared to compound alone treatment. These results suggest that abnormal HSP27 dimerization can be an efficient control point for cancer cell proliferation and chromone compounds might have potential as anticancer agents that modulate abnormal HSP27 dimerization. (C) 2017 Elsevier Masson SAS. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.