View : 50 Download: 0
Nanotubular Iridium-Cobalt Mixed Oxide Crystalline Architectures Inherited from Cobalt Oxide for Highly Efficient Oxygen Evolution Reaction Catalysis
- Nanotubular Iridium-Cobalt Mixed Oxide Crystalline Architectures Inherited from Cobalt Oxide for Highly Efficient Oxygen Evolution Reaction Catalysis
- Yu A.; Lee C.; Kim M.H.; Lee Y.
- Ewha Authors
- 이종목; 이영미; 김명화
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 이종목; 이영미; 김명화
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces
- vol. 9, no. 40, pp. 35057 - 35066
- cobalt; electrocatalyst; electrospinning; iridium; mixed metal oxide nanotubes; oxygen evolution reaction
- American Chemical Society
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Here, we report the unique transformation of one-dimensional tubular mixed oxide nanocomposites of iridium (Ir) and cobalt (Co) denoted as IrxCo1-xOy, where x is the relative Ir atomic content to the overall metal content. The formation of a variety of IrxCo1-xOy (0 ≤ x ≤ 1) crystalline tubular nanocomposites was readily achieved by electrospinning and subsequent calcination process. Structural characterization clearly confirmed that IrxCo1-xOy polycrystalline nanocomposites had a tubular morphology consisting of Ir/IrO2 and Co3O4, where Ir, Co, and O were homogeneously distributed throughout the entire nanostructures. The facile formation of IrxCo1-xOy nanotubes was mainly ascribed to the inclination of Co3O4 to form the nanotubes during the calcination process, which could play a critical role in providing a template of tubular structure and facilitating the formation of IrO2 by being incorporated with Ir precursors. Furthermore, the electroactivity of obtained IrxCo1-xOy nanotubes was characterized for oxygen evolution reaction (OER) with rotating disk electrode voltammetry in 1 M NaOH aqueous solution. Among diverse IrxCo1-xOy, Ir0.46Co0.54Oy nanotubes showed the best OER activity (the least-positive onset potential, greatest current density, and low Tafel slope), which was even better than that of commercial Ir/C. The Ir0.46Co0.54Oy nanotubes also exhibited a high stability in alkaline electrolyte. Expensive Ir mixed with cheap Co at an optimum ratio showed a greater OER catalytic activity than pure Ir oxide, one of the most efficient OER catalysts. © 2017 American Chemical Society.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.