View : 50 Download: 0
Kinetic Study on Nucleophilic Substitution Reactions of O-Phenyl O-Y-substituted-Phenyl Thionocarbonates with 1,8-Diazabicyclo[5.4.0]undec-7-ene in Acetonitrile
- Kinetic Study on Nucleophilic Substitution Reactions of O-Phenyl O-Y-substituted-Phenyl Thionocarbonates with 1,8-Diazabicyclo[5.4.0]undec-7-ene in Acetonitrile
- Um I.-H.; Park K.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society
- vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 1169 - 1173
- 1,8-Diazabicyclo[5.4.0]undec-7-ene; Brønsted-type plot; Forced concerted mechanism; O-Phenyl O-Y-substituted-phenyl thionocarbonates; Steric hindrance
- Wiley Blackwell
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Second-order rate constants (kN) for nucleophilic substitution reactions of O-phenyl O-Y-substituted-phenyl thionocarbonates (4a–4k) with 1,8-diazabicyclo[5.4.0]undec-7-ene (DBU) in MeCN at 25.0 ± 0.1°C are reported. The reactivity of 4a–4k decreases as basicity of the leaving group increases except O-2,4-dinitrophenyl O-phenyl thionocarbonate (4a), which is less reactive than O-3,4-dinitrophenyl O-phenyl thionocarbonate (4b) although the former possesses 2 pKa units less basic nucleofuge than the latter. The Brønsted-type plot for the reactions of 4b–4k is linear with βlg = −0.50, a typical βlg value for reactions reported to proceed through a concerted mechanism. The Hammett plot correlated with σY − constants for the reactions of 4b–4k results in a better linear correlation than that correlated with σY o constants. Besides, the Yukawa-Tsuno plot exhibits an excellent linear correlation with ρY = 2.12, r = 0.68 and R2 = 0.990, indicating that a negative charge develops partially on the O atom of the leaving group in the rate-determining step (RDS). Thus, the reactions have been concluded to proceed through a forced concerted mechanism. Effects of steric hindrance on reactivity and reaction mechanism are also discussed in detail. © 2017 Korean Chemical Society, Seoul & Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.