View : 75 Download: 28
Exogenous Hydrogen Peroxide Induces Lipid Raft-Mediated STAT-6 Activation in T Cells
- Exogenous Hydrogen Peroxide Induces Lipid Raft-Mediated STAT-6 Activation in T Cells
- Kim H.J.; Lim J.; Jang Y.-S.; Shin E.-C.; Kim H.-R.; Seoh J.-Y.; Lee J.S.; Lee S.N.; Kang J.L.; Choi Y.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- 서주영; 이순남; 최윤희
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 서주영; 이순남; 최윤희
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry
- Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 2467 - 2480
- IL-4; Lipid rafts; Reactive oxygen species (ROS); STAT-6; Th2 cells
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Background/Aims: CD4+ T cells are a critical component of the adaptive immune response. While the mechanisms controlling the differentiation of the Th1, Th17, and regulatory T cell subsets from naïve CD4+ T cells are well described, the factors that induce Th2 differentiation are still largely unknown. Methods: The effects of treatment with exogenous H2O2 on STAT-6 phosphorylation and activation in T cells were examined by immunoblotting, immunofluorescence and gel shift assay. Anti-CD3 antibody and methyl-β-cyclodextrin were utilized to induce lipid raft assembly and to investigate the involvement of lipid rafts, respectively. Results: Jurkat and EL-4 T cells that were exposed to H2O2 showed rapid and strong STAT-6 phosphorylation, and the extent of STAT-6 phosphorylation was enhanced by co-treatment with anti-CD3 antibody. The effect of H2O2 on STAT-6 phosphorylation and translocation was inhibited by disruption of lipid rafts. STAT-6 activation in response to H2O2 treatment regulated IL-4 gene expression, and this response was strengthened by treatment with anti-CD3. Conclusion: Our results indicate that reactive oxygen species such as H2O2 can act on upstream and initiating factors for activation of STAT-6 in T cells and contribute to formation of a positive feedback loop between STAT-6 and IL-4 in the Th2 differentiation process. © 2017 Published by S. Karger AG, Basel.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
Exogenous hydrogen peroxide.pdf(1.64 MB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.