View : 35 Download: 0
Learn and Communicate through Mathematics
- Learn and Communicate through Mathematics
- Issue Date
- 외국어교육특수대학원 TESOL학과
- 이화여자대학교 외국어교육특수대학원
- Candice A. MacDonald
-To teach mathematics content in English for English language learners to acquire knowledge both of content and language
-To improve critical and creative thinking skills and language proficiency through Theme-Based activities and collaborative learning
- 11-year-old, grade 4 students in elementary school, mixed gender
- Intermediate-mid level according to ACTFL
- Private language school
- Communicative Language Teaching (CLT)
- Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
- Theme-Based Instruction (TBI)
- Students will be required to follow instructions, problem solve, and understand mathematical and use mathematical terminology
- Students will not only practice math, but use language to do math. Activities will raise awareness that reasoning and problem solving in math are quite applicable to daily language use.
- Many varied creative and task-based math activities are included. Students will work cooperatively to build up critical and creative thinking skills throughout the lessons.
- Students will be able to improve language proficiency and gain academic knowledge of math in English
- Students will be able to develop critical and creative thinking skills through mathematic-related activities
- Students will be able to communicate and negotiate effectively through collaborative activities and tasks
- Students will be equipped to use and understand the language in both authentic and academic environments, especially in dealing with mathematics
- Show the fulltext
- Appears in Collections:
- 외국어교육특수대학원 > TESOL학과 > Theses_Master
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.