View : 67 Download: 0
A Chromium(III)-Superoxo Complex as a Three-Electron Oxidant with a Large Tunneling Effect in Multi-Electron Oxidation of NADH Analogues
- A Chromium(III)-Superoxo Complex as a Three-Electron Oxidant with a Large Tunneling Effect in Multi-Electron Oxidation of NADH Analogues
- Devi, Tarali; Lee, Yong-Min; Jung, Jieun; Sankaralingam, Muniyandi; Nam, Wonwoo; Fukuzumi, Shunichi
- Ewha Authors
- 남원우; 이용민; Shunichi Fukuzumi; 정지은
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 남원우; Shunichi Fukuzumi; 정지은
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE-INTERNATIONAL EDITION
- 1433-7851; 1521-3773
- vol. 56, no. 13, pp. 3510 - 3515
- chromium(III)-superoxo complexes; hydride transfer; hydrogen atom transfer; NADH analogues; three-electron oxidant
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Metal-superoxo species are involved in a variety of enzymatic oxidation reactions, and multi-electron oxidation of substrates is frequently observed in those enzymatic reactions. ACr(III)-superoxo complex, [Cr-III(O-2)(TMC)(Cl)](+) (1; TMC=1,4,8,11-tetramethyl-1,4,8,11-tetraazacyclotetradecane), is described that acts as a novel three-electron oxidant in the oxidation of dihydronicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NADH) analogues. In the reactions of 1 with NADH analogues, a Cr-IV-oxo complex, [Cr-IV(O)(TMC)(Cl)](+) (2), is formed by a heterolytic O-O bond cleavage of a putative Cr-II-hydroperoxo complex, [Cr-II(OOH)(TMC)(Cl)], which is generated by hydride transfer from NADH analogues to 1. The comparison of the reactivity of NADH analogues with 1 and p-chloranil (Cl(4)Q) indicates that oxidation of NADH analogues by 1 proceeds by proton-coupled electron transfer with a very large tunneling effect (for example, with a kinetic isotope effect of 470 at 233 K), followed by rapid electron transfer.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.