View : 249 Download: 0
Improvement of Na Ion Electrode Activity of Metal Oxide via Composite Formation with Metal Sulfide
- Improvement of Na Ion Electrode Activity of Metal Oxide via Composite Formation with Metal Sulfide
- Oh, Seung Mi; Kim, In Young; Patil, Sharad B.; Park, Boyeon; Lee, Jang Mee; Adpakpang, Kanyaporn; Chae, Seen Ae; Han, Oc Hee; Hwang, Seong-Ju
- Ewha Authors
- 황성주; 한옥희; Sharad Bandu Patil
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 황성주; 한옥희
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES
- ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 2249 - 2260
- composite materials; composite formation; metal sulfide; Na ion batteries; capacitive storage
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- The composite formation with a conductive metal sulfide domain can provide an effective methodology to improve the Na-ion electrode functionality of metal oxide. The heat treatment of TiO2(B) under CS2 flow yields an intimately coupled TiO2(B)-TiS2 nanocomposite with intervened TiS2 domain, since the reaction between metal oxide and CS2, leads to the formation of metal sulfide and CO2. The negligible change in lattice parameters and significant enhancement of visible light absorption upon the reaction with CS2 underscore the formation of conductive metal sulfide domains. The resulting TiO2(B)-TiS2 nanocomposites deliver greater discharge capacities with better rate characteristics for electrochemical sodiation-desodiation process than does the pristine TiO2(B). The Na-23 magic angle spinning nuclear magnetic resonance analysis clearly demonstrates that the electrode activities of the present nanocomposites rely on the capacitive storage of Na+ ions, and the TiS2 domains in TiO2(B)-TiS2 nanocomposites play a role as mediators for Na+ ions to and from TiO2(B) domains. According to the electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, the reaction with CS2 leads to the significant enhancement of charge transfer kinetics, which is responsible for the accompanying improvement in electrode performance. The present study provides clear evidence for the usefulness in composite formation between the semiconducting metal oxide and metal sulfide in exploring new efficient NIB electrode materials.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.