View : 273 Download: 0
Risks with semi-infinite support: Characterizations and applications
- Risks with semi-infinite support: Characterizations and applications
- Kim S.H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Economic Theory and Econometrics
- vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 1 - 24
- CARA; Certainty equivalent; CRRA; Gamma and lognormal distributions; Moral hazard
- Korean Econometric Society
- There are many situations that we need to model as risky prospects whose values are censored below at 0, hence defined on semi-infinite support. As useful tools for such models, we derive analytic characterizations of risks such as certainty equivalent and risk premium, for gamma and lognormal distributions and utility functions that have constant risk aversion. As a main application, we consider an extension of the ‘linear contract, exponential utility, normally distributed risks’ (LEN) moral hazard model to gamma distributed risks. We also discuss other potential applications, ranging from loan contracts to comparison of income distributions. © 2016, Korean Econometric Society. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사회과학대학 > 경제학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.