View : 31 Download: 0
Synthesis and crystal structure of a second polymorph of N,N′-bis(salicylidene)-3,5,3′,5′-tetramethyl-biphenyl-4, 4′-diamine
- Synthesis and crystal structure of a second polymorph of N,N′-bis(salicylidene)-3,5,3′,5′-tetramethyl-biphenyl-4, 4′-diamine
- Xu L.; Qi X.; Kim S.-J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Structural Chemistry
- vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 994 - 997
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- The Schiff base compound N,N′-bis(salicylidene)-3,5,3′, 5′-tetramethyl-biphenyl-4,4′-diamine was synthesized and crystal structure was determined by single-crystal X-ray diffractometry. The result shows that there is another polymorphic form (B) in structure besides published one (A) . In structure B, there are four aromatic rings. The dihedral angles between the phenol rings and the adjacent dimethylbenzene rings are distinctly larger than that formed by the dimethylbenzene rings, possibly as a result of the steric hindrance of the methyl groups and the presence of intramolecular O-H...N hydrogen bonds. The remarkable defference between A and B lies in the angles of C1-C6 ring and C25-C30 ring, which are 51.64(13)° and 7.40(7)° in B and A, respectively. Crystal data for the title compolex C 30H27N2O2: Monoclinic, P2(1)/c, a = 14.346(3) Å, b = 12.258(2) Å, c = 14.265(3) Å; β = 99.515(4)°, V = 2474.1(7) Å3, Z = 4. © 2006 Springer Science+Business Media, Inc.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.