View : 53 Download: 0
Efficient Photocatalytic Production of Hydrogen Peroxide from Water and Dioxygen with Bismuth Vanadate and a Cobalt(II) Chlorin Complex
- Efficient Photocatalytic Production of Hydrogen Peroxide from Water and Dioxygen with Bismuth Vanadate and a Cobalt(II) Chlorin Complex
- Mase, Kentaro; Yoneda, Masaki; Yamada, Yusuke; Fukuzumi, Shunichi
- Ewha Authors
- Shunichi Fukuzumi
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Shunichi Fukuzumi
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ACS ENERGY LETTERS
- vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 913 - 919
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- Efficient photocatalytic production of H2O2 as a promising solar fuel from H2O and O-2 in water has been achieved by the combination of bismuth vanadate (BiVO4) as a durable photocatalyst with a narrow band gap for the water oxidation and a cobalt chlorin complex (Co-II(Ch)) as a selective electrocatalyst for the two-electron reduction of O-2 in a two-compartment photoelectrochemical cell separated by a Nafion membrane under simulated solar light illumination. The concentration of H2O2 produced in the reaction solution of the cathode cell reached as high as 61 mM, when surface-modified BiVO4 with iron(III) oxide(hydroxide) (FeO(OH)) and Co-II(Ch) were employed as a water oxidation catalyst in the photoanode and as an 02 reduction catalyst in the cathode, respectively. The highest solar energy conversion efficiency was determined to be 6.6% under simulated solar illumination adjusted to 0.05 sun after 1 h of photocatalytic reaction (0.89% under I sun illumination). The conversion of chemical energy into electric energy was conducted using H2O2 produced by photocatalytic reaction by an 11202 fuel cell, where open-circuit potential and maximum power density were recorded as 0.79 V and 2.0 mW cm(-2), respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.