View : 38 Download: 0
Single-step synthesis, characterization, and application of nanostructured KxMn1-y,COy,O2-δ with controllable chemical compositions and crystal structures
- Single-step synthesis, characterization, and application of nanostructured KxMn1-y,COy,O2-δ with controllable chemical compositions and crystal structures
- Lee S.H.; Kim T.W.; Park D.H.; Choy J.-H.; Hwang S.-J.; Jiang N.; Park S.-E.; Lee Y.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- 최진호; 황성주
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 최진호; 황성주
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Chemistry of Materials
- vol. 19, no. 20, pp. 5010 - 5017
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Cobalt-substituted manganese oxide one-dimensional (ID) nanowires have been synthesized through one-pot hydrothermal treatment of the ion pair solution of Co2+ and MnO4 -, along with their three-dimensional (3D) hierarchically assembled microspheres. The stabilization of cobalt ion in the manganese sites of α- and α-MnO2 structures was clearly evidenced by Mn K-edge and Co K-edge X-ray absorption spectroscopy as well as by powder X-ray diffraction and elemental analyses. The chemical composition, crystal structure, and morphology of the resultant nanostructures can be easily tailored through the control of reaction condition and precursor composition. That is, ID nanowires with the tunnel-type α-MnO2 structure can be prepared by the reaction at 140 °C, whereas the lowering of reaction temperature or the increase of Co content gives rise to the synthesis of 3D hierarchical nanostructured microspheres with the layered α-MnO2 structure. It has been obviously demonstrated that the partial Co substitution for the nanostructured manganese oxides causes the improvement of their catalytic activity with respect to olefin oxidation as well as affects significantly their electrode performances. The present study provides an effective way of controlling the chemical properties and functionalities of nanostructured manganese oxides through cation substitution. © 2007 American Chemical Society.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.