View : 19 Download: 0
Enhanced contrast of electrochromic full cell systems with nanocrystalline PEDOT-prussian blue
- Enhanced contrast of electrochromic full cell systems with nanocrystalline PEDOT-prussian blue
- Kang J.-H.; Paek S.-M.; Choy Y.B.; Hwang S.-J.; Choy J.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- 최진호; 황성주
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 최진호; 황성주
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- vol. 7, no. 11, pp. 4131 - 4134
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Poly-(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) (PEDOT) is an ideal polymer for electrochromic (EC) devices due to its fast response time, high conductivity, and facile fabrication in a doped form except its demerit like an optical contrast limitation. In this study, we developed a simple way to overcome low coloration efficiency of PEDOT through fabricating a complementary PEDOT and prussian blue full cell system. Fundamental properties of EC displays, such as optical contrast, coloration efficiency, and switching speed, could be successfully optimized by controlling the deposition time and applied voltage during EDOT polymerization. In particular, UV transmittance spectra indicated that the optical contrast was enhanced up to 31∼99% at the wavelength of 600 nm. Scanning electron microscopy images showed that the optimized PEDOT and prussian blue films were deposited on ITO glass substrate with an uniform thickness of ∼180 nm and ∼190 nm, respectively. Moreover, according to the circuit analysis, the average response time of electric current for the optimized full cell system was about 400 ms. It is, therefore, concluded that such a full cell system could have high potential applications as smart windows and/or optical devices. Copyright © 2007 American Scientific Publishers All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.