View : 115 Download: 0
IP encapsulation mechanism for efficient RSVP tunnel in next generation Mobile networks
- IP encapsulation mechanism for efficient RSVP tunnel in next generation Mobile networks
- Kim J.-B.; Kong K.-S.; Hwang C.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- IEICE Transactions on Communications
- vol. E90-B, no. 11, pp. 3052 - 3060
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- This paper describes IP encapsulation technologies for the Mobile RSVP tunnel in next generation networks. Bandwidth is inherently a scarce network resource, and hence signaling overhead should be minimized as much as possible. However, because of duplicate RSVP messages, the existing RSVP tunnel-based mechanism suffers from bandwidth overhead and tunnel problems. The waste of network resources prevents low-cost network construction and the maximization of integrated network utility, which are the goals of next generation networks, and can lower the reliability of networks with the increase of service subscribers and resultant expansion of resource consumption. To solve these problems and to support end-to-end QoS efficiently, RSVP needs to be changed at a minimum degree. In this paper, a new IP encapsulation mechanism for saving of network resources in the Mobile RSVP tunnel (IPEnc-RSVP) is proposed. In order to compare the proposed mechanism and the existing RSVP tunnelbased mechanism in Mobile IP-based networks, we perform a comparative analysis of bandwidth consumption gain, throughput, mean packet delay, etc., and demonstrate the superiority of the proposed mechanism. In addition, we analyze several performance factors of RSVP protocols by applying the existing RSVP tunnel-based mechanism and the proposed mechanism, respectively. © 2007 The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.