View : 109 Download: 0
Zn-MOFs containing flexible alpha,omega-alkane (or alkene)-dicarboxylates with 1,2-bis(4-pyridyl)ethylene: comparison with Zn-MOFs containing 1,2-bis(4-pyridyl)ethane ligands
- Zn-MOFs containing flexible alpha,omega-alkane (or alkene)-dicarboxylates with 1,2-bis(4-pyridyl)ethylene: comparison with Zn-MOFs containing 1,2-bis(4-pyridyl)ethane ligands
- Kim, Hyun-Chul; Huh, Seong; Kim, Jin Yeong; Moon, Hoi Ri; Lee, Do Nam; Kim, Youngmee
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 99 - 109
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Flexible ditopic alpha,omega-alkane (or alkene)-dicarboxylate bridging ligands provided the following six Zn-MOFs with a 1,2-bis.4-pyridyl) ethylene (bpe) pillar (malonate (1-bpe), succinate (2-bpe), fumarate (3-bpe), glutarate (4-bpe), adipate (5-bpe), and muconate (6-bpe)). Newly-prepared 5-bpe and 6-bpe were structurally characterized. Both 3-bpe and 6-bpe formed three-dimensional (3-D), diamond-like frameworks with a 4-connected uninodal net and a Schlafli symbol of 6(6). By contrast, 5-bpe formed a 3-D framework of a 6-connected uninodal net with a Schlafli symbol of 4(12).6(3). 2-bpe formed a 2-D framework with a 4-connected uninodal net with a Schlafli symbol of 4(4).6(2). 3-bpe and 6-bpe showed potential void spaces after solvent removal. Gas sorption analysis with N-2, H-2, and CO2 at a suitable temperature indicated that 6-bpe was an adsorbent with selectivity for CO2 adsorption at 196 K over N-2 and H-2. The CO2 uptake at 196 K was 86.68 cm(3) g(-1) (3.87 mmol g(-1)). 3-bpe did not exhibit appreciable uptake levels for N-2, H-2, and CO2, which was possibly due to the relatively rigid nonporous activated form of the framework after solvent removal. Both 3-bpe and 6-bpe exhibited a good encapsulating ability for molecular iodine in cyclohexane. The crystal structure of I-2-containing 6-bpe_I-2 was elucidated. A comparison with Zn-MOFs containing 1,2-bis(4-pyridyl) ethane ligands is discussed.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.