View : 170 Download: 0
Pharmacokinetics and tissue distribution of 3-((5-(6-methylpyridin-2-yl)-4- (quinoxalin-6-yl)-1H-imidazol-2-yl)methyl)benzamide; a novel ALK5 inhibitor and a potential anti-fibrosis drug
- Pharmacokinetics and tissue distribution of 3-((5-(6-methylpyridin-2-yl)-4- (quinoxalin-6-yl)-1H-imidazol-2-yl)methyl)benzamide; a novel ALK5 inhibitor and a potential anti-fibrosis drug
- Kim Y.W.; Kim Y.K.; Lee J.Y.; Chang K.T.; Lee H.J.; Kim D.-K.; Sheen Y.Y.
- Ewha Authors
- 신윤용; 이화정; 김대기
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 신윤용; 이화정; 김대기
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Xenobiotica vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 325 - 339
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- The authors investigated the pharmacokinetics and metabolism of 3-((5-(6-methylpyridin-2-yl)-4-(quinoxalin-6-yl)-1H-imidazol-2-yl)methyl) benzamide (IN-1130), a novel ALK5 inhibitor, which suppresses renal and hepatic fibrosis, and also exerts anti-metastatic effects on breast cancer-bearing MMTV-cNeu mice model. Plasma half-lives of orally administered IN-1130 were 62.6 min in mice, 76.6 ± 10.6 min in dogs, 156.1 ± 19.3 min in rats, and 159.9 ± 59.9 min in monkeys. IN-1130 showed a high apparent permeability coefficient (Papp) of (45.0 ± 2.3) × 10-6 cm s-1 in in vitro permeability tests in a Caco-2 cell monolayer model. The bioavailability of orally administered IN-1130 was 84.9% in dogs and 34.4% in monkeys (oral dose, 5.5 mg kg-1), 11.4% in rats and 8.95% in mice (oral dose, 50.3 mg kg-1), respectively. Orally given IN-1130 was readily distributed into liver, kidneys and lungs. The major metabolite of IN-1130 (M1) was detected in the systemic circulation of rat and mouse and was purified and tentatively identified as 3-((4-(3-hydroxyquinoxaline-6-yl)-5-(6-methylpyridine-2-yl)-1H-imidazol-2-yl) methyl)benzamide or 3-((4-(2-hydroxyquinoxalin-6-yl)-5-(6-methylpyridine-2-yl)- 1H-imidazol-2-yl)methyl)benzamide. The highest levels of M1 were found in liver. The results of this study suggest that IN-1130 has the potential to serve as an effective oral anti-fibrotic drug. © 2008 Informa UK Ltd.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.