View : 135 Download: 0
A telescope for observation from space of extreme lightnings in the upper atmosphere
- A telescope for observation from space of extreme lightnings in the upper atmosphere
- Nam S.; Artikova S.; Chung T.; Garipov G.; Jeon J.A.; Jeong S.; Jin J.Y.; Khrenov B.A.; Kim J.E.; Kim M.; Kim Y.K.; Klimov P.; Lee J.; Lee H.Y.; Na G.W.; Oh S.J.; Panasyuk M.; Park I.H.; Park J.H.; Park Y.-S.; Yoo B.W.; Yoo H.J.
- Ewha Authors
- 박일흥; 남신우; 박재형
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research, Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research, Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment vol. 588, no. 41276, pp. 197 - 200
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- A new type of telescope with a wide field-of-view and functions of fast zoom-in has been introduced. Two kinds of MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) micromirrors, digital and analog, are used for reflectors of the telescope, placed at different focal lengths. We apply this technology to the observation from space of TLE (Transient Luminous Events), extremely large transient sparks occurring at the upper atmosphere. TLE are one type of important backgrounds to be understood for future space observation of UHECR (Ultra-High Energy Cosmic Rays). The launch of the payload carried by a Russian microsatellite is foreseen in the middle of 2008. © 2008 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.