View : 35 Download: 0
YSK2821, a newly synthesized indoledione derivative, inhibits cell proliferation and cell cycle progression via the cell cycle-related proteins by regulating phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase cascade in vascular smooth muscle cells
- YSK2821, a newly synthesized indoledione derivative, inhibits cell proliferation and cell cycle progression via the cell cycle-related proteins by regulating phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase cascade in vascular smooth muscle cells
- Seo J.-M.; Kim T.-J.; Jin Y.-R.; Han H.-J.; Ryu C.-K.; Sheen Y.Y.; Kim D.-W.; Yun Y.-P.
- Ewha Authors
- 유충규; 신윤용
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 유충규; 신윤용
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- European Journal of Pharmacology
- vol. 586, no. 41277, pp. 74 - 81
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Indoledione derivatives have pronounced biological effects, i.e., cytotoxic activities against cancer cell lines and antifungal and antibacterial activities. The present study was designed to investigate the effects of YSK2821, a newly synthesized indoledione derivative, on platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF-BB)-induced vascular smooth muscle cell (VSMC) proliferation, as well as the molecular mechanisms of the anti-proliferative effects of YSK2821 in VSMCs. We found that YSK2821 caused the accumulation of cells in the G1 phase of the cell cycle and inhibited [ 3H]-thymidine incorporation. We demonstrated that YSK2821 remarkably decreased Akt kinase phosphorylation as the mechanism by which YSK2821 suppressed cell signal transduction events in VSMC proliferation. Furthermore, in terms of the effects of YSK2821 on cell cycle-related proteins, YSK2821 enhanced the expression of the cyclin-dependent protein kinase (CDK) inhibitor p27 and down-regulated CDK2 and cyclin E expression, but did not affect CDK4 and cyclin D1 expression. YSK2821 also inhibited the phosphorylation of Rb, a key regulator in the cell cycle. These results indicate that YSK2821, a newly synthesized indoledione derivative, may inhibit VSMC proliferation via a phosphatidylinositol (PI)-3 kinase-dependent pathway, and thus shed light on a novel role for YSK2821 as a potential preventive regulator of cardiovascular disease. © 2008 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.