View : 15 Download: 0
Purification, crystallization, and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of the Group III chaperonin from Carboxydothermus hydrogenoformans
- Purification, crystallization, and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of the Group III chaperonin from Carboxydothermus hydrogenoformans
- An, Young Jun; Rowland, Sara E.; Robb, Frank T.; Cha, Sun-Shin
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF MICROBIOLOGY
- 1225-8873; 1976-3794
- vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 440 - 444
- Group III chaperonins; protein folding; ATP-fueled nanomachine; crystallization
- MICROBIOLOGICAL SOCIETY KOREA
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Chaperonins (CPNs) are megadalton sized ATP-dependent nanomachines that facilitate protein folding through complex cycles of complex allosteric articulation. They consist of two back-to-back stacked multisubunit rings. CPNs are usually classified into Group I and Group II. Here, we report the crystallization of both the AMPPNP (an ATP analogue) and ADP bound forms of a novel CPN, classified as belonging to a third Group, recently discovered in the extreme thermophile Carboxydothermus hydrogenoformans. Crystals of the two forms were grown by the vapor batch crystallization method at 295 K. Crystals of the Ch-CPN/AMPPNP complex diffracted to 3.0 angstrom resolution and belonged to the space group P422, with unit-cell parameters a = b = 186.166, c = 160.742 angstrom. Assuming the presence of four molecules in the asymmetric unit, the solvent content was estimated to be about 60.02%. Crystals of the Ch-CPN/ADP complex diffracted to 4.0 angstrom resolution and belonged to the space group P4212, with unit-cell parameters a = b = 209.780, c = 169.813 angstrom. Assuming the presence of four molecules in the asymmetric unit, the solvent content was estimated to be about 70.19%.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.