View : 333 Download: 160
BIM-integrated construction operation simulation for just-in-time production management
- BIM-integrated construction operation simulation for just-in-time production management
- Jeong W.; Chang S.; Son J.W.; Yi J.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- 이준성; 손정욱
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 이준성; 손정욱
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Sustainability (Switzerland)
- Sustainability (Switzerland) vol. 8, no. 11
- Building information modeling; Computer simulation; Data reuse; Just-In-Time; Lean construction; Productivity dynamics
- MDPI AG
- SCIE; SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Traditional construction planning, which depends on historical data and heuristic modification, prevents the integration of managerial details such as productivity dynamics. Specifically, the distance between planning and execution brings cost overruns and duration extensions. To minimize variations, this research presents a Building Information Modeling (BIM)-integrated simulation framework for predicting productivity dynamics at the construction planning phase. To develop this framework, we examined critical factors affecting productivity at the operational level, and then forecast the productivity dynamics. The resulting plan includes specific commands for retrieving the required information from BIM and executing operation simulations. It consists of the following steps: (1) preparing a BIM model to produce input data; (2) composing a construction simulation at the operational level; and (3) obtaining productivity dynamics from the BIM-integrated simulation. To validate our framework, we applied it to a structural steel model; this was due to the significance of steel erections. By integrating BIM with construction operation simulations, we were able to create reliable construction plans that adapted to project changes. Our results show that the developed framework facilitates the reliable prediction of productivity dynamics, and can contribute to improved schedule reliability, optimized resource allocation, cost savings associated with buffers, and reduced material waste.. © 2016 by the authors.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 건축공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
BIM-integrated construction operation simulation for just-in-time production management.pdf(11.09 MB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.