View : 55 Download: 0
Synthesis and topoisomerases inhibitory activity of heteroaromatic chalcones
- Synthesis and topoisomerases inhibitory activity of heteroaromatic chalcones
- Jeon, Kyung-Hwa; Yu, Han-Bit; Kwak, Soo Yeon; Kwon, Youngjoo; Na, Younghwa
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BIOORGANIC & MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY
- 0968-0896; 1464-3391
- vol. 24, no. 22, pp. 5921 - 5928
- Heteroaromatic chalcones; Topoisomerases inhibitors; Anticancer activity
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- The critical role of nuclear topoisomerase enzymes during cell proliferation process guided topoisomerases to be one of the major targets for anticancer drug development. We have designed and synthesized 22 heteroaromatic ring incorporated chalcone derivatives substituted with epoxide or thioepoxide. Topoisomerase enzyme inhibitory activity and cytotoxic tests were also conducted to evaluate compounds' pharmacological efficacy. In the topoisomerase I inhibitory test, compound 1 was most active one, 24% of inhibition at 20 mu M, among all the compounds but it was lower than camptothecin. Compounds 9, 11, and 13 inhibited the function of topoisomerase II more strongly than etoposide with almost same magnitude (around 90% and 30% inhibition at 100 and 20 mu M, respectively) which were higher than those of etoposide (72% and 18% inhibition). In the cytotoxicity test, compound 9 inhibited T47D cancer cell growth with the IC50 value of 6.61 +/- 0.21. mu M. On the other hand, compound 13 (IC50: 4.32 +/- 0.18 mu M) effectively suppressed MDA-MB468 cancer cell growth. (C) 2016 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.