View : 20 Download: 0
Theranostic Bioabsorbable Bone Fixation Plate with Drug-Layered Double Hydroxide Nanohybrids
- Theranostic Bioabsorbable Bone Fixation Plate with Drug-Layered Double Hydroxide Nanohybrids
- Kim M.H.; Hur W.; Choi G.; Min H.S.; Choi T.H.; Choy Y.B.; Choy J.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Advanced Healthcare Materials
- vol. 5, no. 21, pp. 2765 - 2775
- bioabsorbable bone fixation plates; bone regeneration; layered double hydroxide; risedronate; X-ray visibility
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- A bioabsorbable polymeric bone plate enabled with both diagnostic and therapeutic functionalities (radiopacity and sustained drug release, respectively) is proposed. To this end, a drug–inorganic nanohybrid (RS-LDH) is examined as a theranostic agent by intercalating an anti-resorptive bone remodeling drug, risedronate (RS) into a layered double hydroxide (LDH) via an ion-exchange reaction. The RS-LDH is prepared as a sheet with a biodegradable polymer, poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid), and is then attached onto the clinically approved bioabsorbable bone plate to produce the theranostic plate. Because of the presence of the metals in the LDH, the theranostic plate results in discernible in vivo X-ray images for up to four weeks after implantation. Concurrently, bone regeneration is also significantly improved compared with the other control groups, likely because of this material's sustained drug-release property. The theranostic plate is also largely biocompatible, similar to the plate already approved for clinical use. It is concluded that the combination of a biodegradable bone plate with RS-LDH nanohybrids can constitute a promising system with theranostic ability in both X-ray diagnosis and expedited bone repair. © 2016 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.