View : 25 Download: 0
Review of clay-drug hybrid materials for biomedical applications: Administration routes
- Review of clay-drug hybrid materials for biomedical applications: Administration routes
- Kim M.H.; Choi G.; Elzatahry A.; Vinu A.; Choy Y.B.; Choy J.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Clays and Clay Minerals
- vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 115 - 130
- Administration methods; Biocompatibility; Biomedical applications; Clay-drug hybrid; Mucoadhesion; Pharmaceutical applications; Sustained release; Targeting
- Clay Minerals Society
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Focus here is placed on the pharmaceutical and biomedical applications of novel clay-drug hybrid materials categorized by methods of administration. Clay minerals have been used for many years as pharmaceutical and medicinal ingredients for therapeutic purposes. A number of studies have attempted to explore clay-drug hybrid materials for biomedical applications with desired functions, such as sustained release, increased solubility, enhanced adsorption, mucoadhesion, biocompatibility, targeting, etc. The present review attempts not only to summarize the state-of-the-art of clay-drug hybrid materials and their advantages, depending on the methods of administration, but also to deal with challenges and future perspectives of clay mineral-based hybrids for biomedical applications. © 2016, Clay Minerals Society. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.