View : 206 Download: 0
Novel 2-aryl-4-(4 '-hydroxypheny1)-5H-indeno[1,2-b]pyridines as potent DNA non-intercalative topoisomerase catalytic inhibitors
- Novel 2-aryl-4-(4 '-hydroxypheny1)-5H-indeno[1,2-b]pyridines as potent DNA non-intercalative topoisomerase catalytic inhibitors
- Park, Seojeong; Kadayat, Tara Man; Jun, Kyu-Yeon; Magar, Til Bahadur Thapa; Bist, Ganesh; Shrestha, Aarajana; Lee, Eung-Seok; Kwon, Youngjoo
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY
- EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY vol. 125, pp. 14 - 28
- Anticancer agents; 2-Aryl-4-(4 '-hydroxyphenyl)-5H-indeno[1,2-b]pyridine; Antiproliferative activity; Docking study; Dual topoisomerase I and II inhibitors
- ELSEVIER FRANCE-EDITIONS SCIENTIFIQUES MEDICALES ELSEVIER
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- On the basis of previous reports on the importance of thienyl, furyl or phenol group substitution on 5H-indeno[1,2-b]pyridine skeleton, a new series of rigid 2-aryl-4-(4'-hydroxyphenyl)-5H-indeno[1,2-b]pyridine derivatives were systematically designed and synthesized. Topoisomerase inhibitory activity and antiproliferative activity of all the synthesized compounds were determined using human colorectal (HCT15), breast (T47D), prostate (DU145) and cervix (HeLa) cancer cells. Compounds 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18 and 19 with thienyl or furyl moiety at the 2-position and hydroxyl group at the meta or para positions of 4-phenyl ring displayed strong to moderate topoisomerase II alpha (topo II alpha) inhibitory activity and significant antiproliferative activity. The evaluation of compound 16 to determine its mechanism of action was performed with topo II alpha-DNA cleavable complex, topo II alpha-mediated ATPase assay, DNA unwinding and in vitro and ex vivo topo II alpha relaxation assay. Compound 16 functioned as a DNA non-intercalative topo II alpha catalytic inhibitor with better potency than etoposide in T47D breast cancer cells. Molecular docking study revealed that compound 16 cannot intercalate into regularly stacked base-pairs of DNA duplex but can interact or intercalate to topo II alpha-bound DNA. (C) 2016 Elsevier Masson SAS. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.