View : 175 Download: 64
Vortex-type half-BPS solitons in Aharony-Bergman-Jafferis-Maldacena theory
- Vortex-type half-BPS solitons in Aharony-Bergman-Jafferis-Maldacena theory
- Kim C.; Kim Y.; Kwon O.-K.; Nakajima H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Physical Review D - Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology
- Physical Review D - Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology vol. 80, no. 4
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- We study the Aharony-Bergman-Jafferis-Maldacena (ABJM) theory without and with mass deformation. It is shown that maximally supersymmetry preserving, D-term, and F-term mass deformations of single mass parameter are equivalent. We obtain vortex-type half-BPS equations and the corresponding energy bound. For the undeformed ABJM theory, the resulting half-BPS equation is the same as that in supersymmetric Yang-Mills theory and no finite energy regular BPS solution is found. For the mass-deformed ABJM theory, the half-BPS equations for U(2)×U(2) case reduce to the vortex equation in Maxwell-Higgs theory, which supports static regular multivortex solutions. In U(N)×U(N) case with N>2 the non-Abelian vortex equation of Yang-Mills-Higgs theory is obtained. © 2009 The American Physical Society.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
Vortex-type half-BPS solitons in Aharony-Bergman-Jafferis-Maldacena theory.pdf(183.05 kB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.