View : 30 Download: 0
A meta-analysis of fear of falling treatment programs for the elderly
- A meta-analysis of fear of falling treatment programs for the elderly
- Jung D.; Lee J.; Lee S.-M.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Western Journal of Nursing Research
- vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 6 - 16
- SCIE; SSCI; SCOPUS
- This study examines the effectiveness of interventions for decreasing the fear of falling by synthesizing the results of individual studies of fear of falling prevention. The mean weighted effect sizes (MWES) of six studies are computed. The overall MWES is.21 (N = 957; 95% CI.068-.362). Results indicate that interventions are effective in reducing the fear of falling or increasing fall efficacy. The MWES is.249,.024, and.418 for the combined intervention, exercise intervention only, and hip protector groups, respectively. The MWES of the 3 months or less group was.000, and the 4-months group was.240. The MWES is.022,.228, and.418 for the facility-based, community-based, and home-based intervention groups, respectively. Overall, interventions were effective in decreasing fear of falling and increasing fall efficacy. Results suggest that the best outcome is obtained after 4 months, indicating that interventions need some time to obtain their effects. © 2009 Sage Publications.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.