View : 14 Download: 0
Prognostic Value of Ga-68-NOTA-RGD PET/CT for Predicting Disease-Free Survival for Patients With Breast Cancer Undergoing Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy and Surgery A Comparison Study With Dynamic Contrast Enhanced MRI
- Prognostic Value of Ga-68-NOTA-RGD PET/CT for Predicting Disease-Free Survival for Patients With Breast Cancer Undergoing Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy and Surgery A Comparison Study With Dynamic Contrast Enhanced MRI
- Kim, Yong-il; Yoon, Hai-Jeon; Paeng, Jin Chul; Cheon, Gi Jeong; Lee, Dong Soo; Chung, June-Key; Kim, E. Edmund; Moon, Woo Kyung; Kang, Keon Wook
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- CLINICAL NUCLEAR MEDICINE
- 0363-9762; 1536-0229
- vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 614 - 620
- Ga-68; angiogenesis; breast cancer; integrin; RGD
- LIPPINCOTT WILLIAMS & WILKINS
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Purpose: We performed pretreatment angiogenesis imaging (Ga-68-NOTA-arginyl-glycyl-aspartic acid [RGD] PET/CT) to compare its prognostic value to dynamic contrast-enhanced (DCE) MRI in breast cancer patients. Methods: Forty-four female patients with stage II or III breast cancer (aged 47.3 +/- 8.1 years) were prospectively enrolled and underwent Ga-68-NOTA-RGD PET/CT and DCE-MRI imaging. All patients received neoadjuvant chemotherapy and underwent surgery. With pretreatment Ga-68-NOTA-RGD PET/CT, SUVmax of the tumor in the torso (-T) and regional (-R) images were measured. With pretreatment DCE-MRI, the largest diameter of the tumor and maximum enhancement index (EImax; EImax = [highest signal / baseline signal] - 1) of the tumor were assessed. Results: Ten patients (22.7%) were found to have breast cancer recurrence after 17.9 +/- 11.2 months. The SUVmax-R (P = 0.017, cutoff >2.79) of Ga-68-NOTA-RGD PET/CT, the largest diameter of tumor (P = 0.017, cutoff >6.3 cm), and the EImax (P = 0.008, cutoff >5.38) of DCE-MRI showed significant results by univariate analysis. The 3-year disease-free survival of SUVmax-R was 91.7% versus 59.1% by Kaplan-Meier analysis (hazard ratio, 5.379). Multivariable analysis demonstrated that SUVmax-R with tumor diameter or EImax were the significant parameters. In addition, the combined parameters of SUVmax-R and EImax revealed better predictive value for prediction of breast cancer recurrence (75.0%) than each parameter of SUVmax-R (64.2%) and EImax (68.7%). Conclusions: Increased angiogenic activity of regional Ga-68-NOTA-RGD PET/CT (SUVmax-R) can be an early prognostic marker for the prediction of breast cancer recurrence.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.