View : 136 Download: 0
Data Visualization and Statistical Graphics in Big Data Analysis
- Data Visualization and Statistical Graphics in Big Data Analysis
- Cook, Dianne; Lee, Eun-Kyung; Majumder, Mahbubul
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ANNUAL REVIEW OF STATISTICS AND ITS APPLICATION, VOL 3
- ANNUAL REVIEW OF STATISTICS AND ITS APPLICATION, VOL 3 vol. 3, pp. 133 - 159
- exploratory data analysis; information visualization; visual analytics; high-dimensional data; interactive graphics
- ANNUAL REVIEWS
- Document Type
- This article discusses the role of data visualization in the process of analyzing big data. We describe the historical origins of statistical graphics, from the birth of exploratory data analysis to the impacts of statistical graphics on practice today. We present examples of contemporary data visualizations in the process of exploring airline traffic, global standardized test scores, election monitoring, Wikipedia edits, the housing crisis as observed in San Francisco, and the mining of credit card databases. We provide a review of recent literature. Good data visualization yields better models and predictions and allows for the discovery of the unexpected.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 통계학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.