View : 74 Download: 27
TGF-β type i receptor kinase inhibitor EW-7197 suppresses cholestatic liver fibrosis by inhibiting HIF1α-induced epithelial mesenchymal transition
- TGF-β type i receptor kinase inhibitor EW-7197 suppresses cholestatic liver fibrosis by inhibiting HIF1α-induced epithelial mesenchymal transition
- Kim M.-J.; Park S.-A.; Kim C.H.; Park S.-Y.; Kim J.-S.; Kim D.-K.; Nam J.-S.; Sheen Y.Y.
- Ewha Authors
- 신윤용; 김대기
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 신윤용; 김대기
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry
- Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 571 - 588
- Cholestatic liver injury; Epithelial mesenchymal transition; EW-71/7; Hepatic stellate cell; HIFlα; TGF-β
- S. Karger AG
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Background/Aims: Hypoxia is an environmental factor that aggravates liver fibrosis. HIFla activates hepatic stellate cells (HSCs) and increases transforming growth factor-ß (TGF-β) signaling and the epithelial mesenchymal transition (EMT), accelerating the progression of fibrosis. We evaluated the anti-fibrotic therapeutic potential of a small-molecule inhibitor of TGF-β type I receptor kinase, EW-7197, on HIF1α-derived TGF-β signaling in cholestatic liver fibrosis. Methods: We used a bile duct ligation (BDL)-operated rat model to characterize the role of HIF1α-derived TGF-β signaling in liver fibrosis. Cellular assays were performed in LX-2 cells (human immortalized HSCs). The anti-fibrotic effects of EW-7197 in livertissues and HSCs were investigated via biochemical assays, immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunofiuorescence (IF), chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) assays, real-time PCR, and western blotting. Results: In our BDL rat model, orally administered EW-7197 inhibited fibrosis and attenuated HIF1α-induced activation of HSCs and EMT in vivo. In addition, EW-7197 inhibited HIF1α-derived HSC activation and expression of EMT markers in LX-2 cells in vitro. Conclusion: This study suggests that EW-7197 exhibits potential as a treatment for liver fibrosis because it inhibits HIF1α-induced TGF-β signaling. © 2016 The Author(s).
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
TGF-β type i receptor kinase inhibitor EW-7197 suppresses cholestatic liver fibrosis by inhibiting HIF1α-induced epithelial mesenchymal transition.pdf(1.22 MB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.