View : 127 Download: 0
Electromagnetically actuated biaxial scanning micromirror fabricated with silicon on glass wafer
- Electromagnetically actuated biaxial scanning micromirror fabricated with silicon on glass wafer
- Kim J.-H.; Jeong H.; Lee S.-K.; Ji C.-H.; Park J.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Microsystem Technologies
- vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 2075 - 2085
- Springer Verlag
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- In this paper, we present an electromagnetically actuated two-axis scanning micromirror with large aperture and tilting angle for laser pointing applications. The two-axis micromirror with the plate size of 3 mm in diameter was realized using gimbaled single crystal silicon with a single-turn electroplated copper coil, and it was assembled with permanent magnets forming radial magnetic field. The micromirror was fabricated on SiOG (Silicon on Glass) wafer using 4 photolithography masks. The permanent magnet assembly composed of a cylindrical and a ring-type magnet was designed to optimize the radial magnetic field, and thus maximize the torque on the coil. Three different magnet assemblies were applied to the fabricated micromirror in order to verify the design. Horizontal resonance frequency of the fabricated micromirror was measured 1.421 kHz and vertical resonant frequency was 396 Hz. The vertical scan angle was 16.87°, 26.32° and 22.61° with the cylindrical magnet diameter of 2.6, 4.0 and 4.8 mm, respectively, at 60 Hz sinusoidal input of 640 mApp. For horizontal scan, maximum scan angle of 24.45° was obtained at 48 mApp input signal in resonance mode. In addition, the temperature distribution on the micromirror surface was measured with the applied current to the coil. © 2016, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.