View : 17 Download: 0
The combined anti-apoptotic effect from Tamiflu and pinoresinol of Forsythia fructus extract against influenza virus infection
- The combined anti-apoptotic effect from Tamiflu and pinoresinol of Forsythia fructus extract against influenza virus infection
- Kim S.-T.; Kim J.; Choe Y.; Kim Y.K.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Pharmacognosy
- vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 9 - 14
- SCOPUS; KCI
- The fruit body of Forsythiae Fructus (Oleaceae), a common Korean medical herb, is widely used in the treatment of cold and inflammation. In order to elucidate the action mechanism and the active principles from the plant against anti-influenza virus, the influenza virus hemagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase (NA) gene RT-PCR and Viral Screening & Identification (VSI) assay were conducted, and the activity against viral replication was also investigated. Consequently, one active constituent, namely pinoresinol showed the in vitro antiviral principle using a cytopathic effect (CPE) reduction method, indicating pinoresinol possessed anti-influenza viral activity. Furthermore, combination of pinoresinol and Tamiflu exhibited higher activities than Tamiflu alone against influenza virus (H3N2) infection. The results suggested that combination of pinoresinol with Tamiflu could be a better candidate for an ant-H3N2 viral agent in the treatment of the influenza.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.