View : 51 Download: 0
Isolation and characterization of a diesel-degrading bacterium, Gordonia sp. SD8
- Isolation and characterization of a diesel-degrading bacterium, Gordonia sp. SD8
- Hong S.; Kim J.; Cho K.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology
- vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 335 - 339
- SCOPUS; KCI
- A diesel-degrading bacterium, Gordonia sp. SD8, was isolated from soil contaminated with petroleum, and its diesel degradation was characterized in a soil as well as a liquid culture system. SD8 could grow in the mineral salt medium supplemented with diesel as a sole carbon and energy source. The maximum specific growth rate (0.67±0.05 d -1) and diesel degradation rate (1,727±145 mg-TPH L -1 d -1) of SD8 showed at 20,000 mg-TPH L -1 and 30°C, and then this bacterium could degrade high strength of diesel of 40,000 mg-TPH L -1. The residual diesel concentration in the inoculated soil with SD8 was 3,724 mg-TPH kg-dry soil -1 after 17 days, whereas the diesel concentration in the non-inoculated soil was 8,150±755 mg-TPH kg-dry soil -1. These results indicate that Gordonia sp. SD8 can serve as a promising microbial resource for the bioremediaion of contaminated soil with petroleum hydrocarbons including diesel.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 환경공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.