View : 29 Download: 0
Effect of chlorine substituent on cytotoxic activities: Design and synthesis of systematically modified 2,4-diphenyl-5H-indeno[1,2-b]pyridines
- Effect of chlorine substituent on cytotoxic activities: Design and synthesis of systematically modified 2,4-diphenyl-5H-indeno[1,2-b]pyridines
- Kadayat T.M.; Park S.; Jun K.-Y.; Magar T.B.T.; Bist G.; Shrestha A.; Na Y.; Kwon Y.; Lee E.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- 권영주; 전규연
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters
- vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 1726 - 1731
- 2,4-Diphenyl-5H-indeno[1,2-b]pyridine analog; Anticancer agents; Breast cancer; Cytotoxicity
- Elsevier Ltd
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- In continuation of our previous work, six hydroxylated 2,4-diphenyl-5H-indeno[1,2-b]pyridine analogs were modified by introducing one chlorine functionality at ortho, meta or para position of the 2- or 4-phenyl ring. Eighteen new chlorinated compounds were thus prepared and assessed for topoisomerase inhibitory activity and cytotoxicity against HCT15, T47D, and HeLa cancer cell lines. All of the chlorinated compounds displayed significant cytotoxic effect, revealing potent anticancer activity against T47D breast cancer cells. This functional group modification allowed us to explore the importance of chlorine group substitution for the cytotoxic properties. The information reported here provides valuable insight for further study to develop new anticancer agents using related scaffolds. © 2016 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.