View : 320 Download: 0
A study on Sino-Korean word usage aspects as subjects of articles in online newspapers and traditional newspapers
- A study on Sino-Korean word usage aspects as subjects of articles in online newspapers and traditional newspapers
- Suh; H.; Kwon; S.-H.; Kim; J.-W.; E.-S.; Chung; S.-Y.
- Ewha Authors
- 서혁; 김은성; 김정우; 정소연
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 서혁; 김은성; 김정우; 정소연
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- International Journal of Applied Engineering Research
- vol. 10, no. 18, pp. 39345 - 39348
- Article; Culture; Economy; Entertainment; Health; International; Korean; Literacy improvement; Media; Online newspaper; Paper newspaper; Politics; Science; Sino-Korean; Society; Sports; Technology; Traditional paper; Vocabulary
- Research India Publications
- This research investigated Sino-Korean vocabulary usage situations printed on the front pages of paper media newspapers and online media newspapers for the year 2013. The study is based according to different medias and 7 subjects of articles: politics, economy, society, international, culture, sports & entertainment, science, technology & health. It is meaningful to compare paper and online newspapers as a reflection of the change and complexity within today’s media. The results are as follows. First, quantitatively both paper and online newspapers focus on politics and society subjects. However, the features and strengths of online newspapers usually deal with ‚culture‛ subjects when compared to traditional newspapers. Secondly, the ratio of Sino-Korean usage frequency exhibiting that online media has more information quantitatively. Thirdly, we extracted 3,440 Sino-Korean words which are important in order to improve people’s literacy. We labeled as “nationally essential Sino-Korean words”. Fourthly, high frequency Sino-Korean words in politics, economics, and international affairs are used more frequently in traditional papers, while those of high frequency in society, culture, sports and entertainment, science and technology tend to be used more often in online newspapers. © Research India Publications.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 국어교육과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.