View : 51 Download: 0
A study on self-efficacy, coping, and compliance in patients with kidney transplantation
- A study on self-efficacy, coping, and compliance in patients with kidney transplantation
- Lee; J.L.; Park; H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Adult Nursing
- vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 11 - 20
- Compliance; Coping behavior; Kidney transplantation; Self-efficacy
- Korean Society of Adult Nursing
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Purpose: The purpose was to examine the self-efficacy, coping, and compliance in patients with kidney transplantation. Methods: Participants consisted of 300 outpatients who underwent kidney transplantation and regularly visited hospital for health check-up. A tool developed by Ahn (2000) was used for measuring self-efficacy. A modified version of the Jalowiec Coping Scale (Jalowiec, 1987) by Hwang (2004) was used for measuring coping, and a tool developed by Ryu, Kim, and Kang (2003) was used for compliance. Data were analyzed using SPSS program version 21.0 ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficient, and Scheffé's test for post-hoc test. Results: Coping shows significant differences according to marital status and education. Coping was used more often among patients with ABO incompatible transplantation than those with ABO compatible. Differences in compliance were significant according to donor type, ABO incompatible, period after transplantation, and admission after the transplantation. The management of life style, stress, nutrition, and exercise in self-efficacy and compliance had lower scores than the others. Conclusion: There are significant correlations between self-efficacy, coping, and compliance in patients with kidney transplant which might be helpful for health care professionals in taking care of these population. © 2015 Korean Society of Adult Nursing.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.