View : 149 Download: 0
The value of cytoplasmic Y-box-binding protein 1 as a prognostic marker for breast cancer in Korean
- The value of cytoplasmic Y-box-binding protein 1 as a prognostic marker for breast cancer in Korean
- Lee, Anbok; Woo, Juhyun; Park, Heejung; Sung, Sun Hee; Seoh, Ju-Young; Lim, Woosung; Moon, Byung-In
- Ewha Authors
- 서주영; 성순희; 문병인; 임우성; 박희정; 우주현
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 서주영; 성순희; 문병인; 임우성; 우주현
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BREAST CANCER
- BREAST CANCER vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 685 - 691
- YBX1 protein; Human; Cytoplasm; Prognosis; Breast neoplasm
- SPRINGER JAPAN KK
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- The human Y-box-binding protein 1 (YB-1) is a member of the DNA/RNA-binding family of proteins that regulates transcription and translation of genes. Previous studies suggest that YB-1 may have an oncogenic role in various cancers. In this study, we evaluate the prognostic value of cytoplasmic YB-1 with respect to breast cancer. Immunohistochemical staining study was performed with YB-1 using tissue block from 233 patients with invasive ductal carcinoma. Patients were divided into two groups according to expression of cytoplasmic YB-1 in tumor cell (high versus low). The relationship between the expression of YB-1, clinicopathological characteristics and breast cancer prognosis was analyzed. Hormone receptor negativity, worse histologic and nuclear grade, high tumor stage, lymphovascular invasion and high Ki67 (aeyen14 %) were related with the increased expression of cytoplasmic YB-1 in tumor cell (p < 0.05). Although there was no significant difference in relapse-free survival (RFS) between the two groups (p = 0.412), difference in overall survival (OS) was statistically significant (p = 0.035). In multivariate analysis for OS, YB-1 was an independent prognostic factor (p = 0.043). This suggests that the increased expression of cytoplasmic YB-1 in tumor cells can be regarded as an independent prognostic factor for breast cancer, related to poor prognostics. Expression of cytoplasmic YB-1 in cancer cell could be used as an independent prognostic marker for predicting OS in breast cancer.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.