View : 58 Download: 0
Packet classification using a bloom filter in a leaf-pushing area-based quad-trie
- Packet classification using a bloom filter in a leaf-pushing area-based quad-trie
- Lim H.; Byun H.Y.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ANCS 2015 - 11th 2015 ACM/IEEE Symposium on Architectures for Networking and Communications Systems
- area-based quad-trie; Bloom filter; leaf-pushing; packet classification
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Packet classification is one of the most essential functions that Internet routers should perform at wire-speed for every incoming packet. An area-based quad-trie (AQT) for packet classification has an issue in search performance since many rule nodes can be encountered in a search procedure. A leaf-pushing AQT improves the search performance of the AQT by making a single rule node exist in each search path. This paper proposes a new algorithm to improve the search performance of the leaf-pushing AQT further. The proposed algorithm builds a leaf-pushing AQT using a Bloom filter and a hash table stored in on-chip memories. The level of a rule node and a pointer to a rule database are identified by sequentially querying the Bloom filter and by accessing the hash table, respectively. © 2015 IEEE.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.