View : 166 Download: 4
A preliminary X-ray study of 3-deoxy-d-manno-oct-2-ulosonic acid 8-phosphate phosphatase (YrbI) from Burkholderia pseudomallei
- A preliminary X-ray study of 3-deoxy-d-manno-oct-2-ulosonic acid 8-phosphate phosphatase (YrbI) from Burkholderia pseudomallei
- Park J.; Lee D.; Kim M.-S.; Kim D.Y.; Shin D.H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Acta Crystallographica Section F:Structural Biology Communications
- Acta Crystallographica Section F:Structural Biology Communications vol. 71, pp. 790 - 793
- 3-deoxy-d-manno-oct-2-ulosonic acid 8-phosphate phosphatase; Burkholderia pseudomallei; YrbI
- International Union of Crystallography
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- 3-Deoxy-d-manno-oct-2-ulosonic acid 8-phosphate phosphatase (YrbI), the third enzyme in the pathway for the biosynthesis of 3-deoxy-d-manno-oct-2-ulosonic acid (KDO), hydrolyzes KDO 8-phosphate to KDO and inorganic phosphate. YrbI belongs to the haloacid dehalogenase (HAD) superfamily, which is a large family of magnesium-dependent phosphatase/phospho transferase enzymes. In this study, YrbI from Burkholderia pseudomallei, the causative agent of melioidosis, has been cloned, expressed, purified and crystallized. Synchrotron X-ray data were also collected to 2.25 Å resolution. The crystal belonged to the primitive orthorhombic space group P212121, with unit-cell parameters a = 63.7, b = 97.5, c = 98.0 Å. A full structural determination is in progress to elucidate the structure-function relationship of this protein. © 2015 International Union of Crystallography.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.